Have you found yourself lacking energy and maybe not feeling your best? Would you like some tips on how to detoxify your body naturally? In this blog we’re going to explore 7 ways you can support your body’s natural ability to detoxify.
Everyday we are exposed to an array of pollutants, chemicals, and toxins. They can come from the environment, our food, self care products, medications, and many other places. Unfortunately, these harmful substances can cause damage and accumulate in the body, potentially leading to poor health and disease.
Thankfully, our bodies have built in detoxification systems, which include the liver, kidneys, lungs, skin, and gut. These organs do their best to remove toxins from the body. We can make healthy diet and lifestyle choices that help protect and support these detox organs.
Let’s look at seven ways you can naturally detoxify your body to boost your energy and improve your overall health.
1. Stay Properly Hydrated
2. Eat A Nutrient Dense Diet
3. Try Intermittent Fasting
4. Get Enough Regular Movement
5. Find Stress Relief Techniques That Work For You
6. Get Enough Sound Sleep
7. Avoid Pollutants, Chemicals, and Toxins
To recap, here are 7 ways to detox naturally.
Take a screenshot and keep it as a reference or print it out and use it as a guide.
When detoxing, you may experience some negative side effects. These may include flu-like symptoms, headaches, brain fog, nausea, and fatigue. Consult a medical professional if these persist. However, they shouldn’t last for more than a few weeks.
If you want some helpful tips about starting a plant-based diet, we have a new free eBook “Going Plant-Based”. You can also join our Plant-Based Success Group on Facebook for support and encouragement if you are transitioning to a plant-based diet, want healthy whole food recipes, or need help on your health journey
RESOURCES & FURTHER INFO
- Learn more about the guts role in detoxification at https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3942919/
- Sweating and toxin removal from the body – https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3312275/
- Find more info about the impact of stress on the body at https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5579396/, https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4310835/
- Recommended amount of sleep for healthy adults – https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4434546/
- The removal of toxins from the brain during sleep – https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4651462/, https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24136970
- If you have trouble sleeping or suffer with insomnia, you can read our blogs on this topic on our website – https://www.replenishhealth.net/?s=insomnia
- Find out the toxicity of a wide variety of products, from vegetables to makeup, at https://www.ewg.org and https://www.ewg.org/skindeep