Aquafaba Whipped Cream (Vegan + Oil-Free)
You'd never guess that this whipped "cream" was made from aquafaba (chickpea liquid)! It's as light as a cloud and tastes like marshmallows! It only requires 4 ingredients and takes 10 minutes to make, plus there’s no added oil.
- 1/2 cup aquafaba
- 1/4 cup organic powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp lemon juice
- Add the aquafaba and lemon juice to a container that can hold at least 4 cups.
- Use a hand mixer or standing mixer on high speed to whip the aquafaba until it's fluffy and stiff peaks form. We use the aquafaba from soaked instant pot chickpeas, and this step usually takes about 8 to 10.
- Add in the sugar and vanilla extract, and continue to whip until smooth. Taste, and add more sugar and/or vanilla to taste. You can use the whip on whatever you choose, such as hot or cold drinks, healthy desserts, waffles, or parfait.
- We find that the aquafaba whip starts to turn back to liquid within an hour or two if it's stored in the fridge, though it can be re-whipped. However, if it's put in an airtight container in the freezer soon after whipping, it will hold it's shape and can be stored for up to 1 month.
- Using 1/2 cup of aquafaba will result in about 3 cups of the whip.
- You can make your own powdered sugar by blending your preferred sugar in a high-speed blender or food processor until it turns into a fine powder. If you're storing it for a while, add in a little bit of tapioca or corn starch to prevent clumping.