Banana Bread Protein Smoothie
The banana bread smoothie recipe is nutritious and great for boosting energy! It is packed with plant-based protein, yet there is no protein powder in sight. Plus, it contains 2 servings of vegetables per serving. It boasts 12g of protein, plus more if you use plant-based milk that contains additional protein! We like to add oat milk to our smoothies, with the brand we use boasting 4g per one cup serving.
- 1 banana
- 1/2 cup frozen steamed cauliflower
- 1/2 cup zucchini
- 1 cup unsweetened plain oat milk
- 2 tbsp rolled oats
- 1 tbsp hemp seeds
- 1 tbsp walnuts
- 1 tbsp sunflower seed butter
- 1/4 tsp ceylon cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 pitted medjool date
- Add all of the ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour into a glass, and enjoy!
- Optionally, you can add 1 tablespoon of cacao powder to this smoothie before blending. Doing so will add a chocolaty flavor, and an extra 1g of protein.
- If you don't have any frozen cauliflower, add in an extra 1/2 cup of zucchini to replace it.
- If you want to make this into a smoothie bowl, use a frozen banana and reduce the amount of milk to make a thicker smoothie. Pour into a bowl, and add the toppings of your choice such as granola, fresh berries, nuts, seeds, etc.
- If you don't want to use oat milk, use a different plant-based milk of choice such as almond, cashew, or hemp.