Banana Pancakes (Oil-Free + Gluten-Free + Vegan)
These light and fluffy Banana Pancakes are super scrumptious and simple to make, perfect for an easy breakfast or brunch! Plus they're oil-free, gluten-free, and vegan.
- 1 banana
- 1 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free All Purpose Baking Flour
- 1 cup oat flour
- 2 tbsp ground flax seed
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp Ceylon cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- In a mixing bowl, combine the mashed banana, water, maple syrup, vinegar, lemon juice, and vanilla. Stir together, then add the remaining ingredients (sift the baking powder and baking soda so there are no clumps) and stir again until well combined.
- On the stovetop, heat a flat cast iron pan on medium heat. Reduce to medium/low just before you cook the pancakes.
- Using an ice cream scoop, ladle the batter onto the pan (we fit about 3 pancakes at a time on our 9" iron pan). Once the sides are dry (cooked) and bubbles have formed in the center, flip, and cook until the bottoms are golden brown. Repeat this step until all of the pancake batter has been used.
- Serve, and add toppings of your choice.
- These pancakes are great for making in advance for quick breakfasts. They can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days, or frozen for up to 3 months. To reheat, just pop them in the toaster.
- Toppings could include fresh fruit, frozen berries, nut or seed butter, apple sauce, etc.
- To serve 4, this recipe makes about 12 good-sized pancakes.