Beans & Greens Soup
This beans & greens soup is an easy to make dish that is packed with lots of flavor, nutrients, and protein and can be made in 30 minutes.
- 4 cup vegetable broth
- 1 15oz can cannelini beans
- 1 15oz can kidney beans
- 1 medium yellow onion
- 1 large bunch of kale
- 2 tbsp water or vegetable broth
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1/2 lemon, zested
- 1/4 tsp Himalayan salt
- Black pepper to taste
- Dice the onion. Heat the water or vegetable broth in a large soup pot on medium heat, and fry the onions for about 5 minutes, or until translucent.
- Meanwhile, drain and rinse the beans, and set aside.
- When the onions have been fried, add the beans, broth, oregano, and thyme to the pot. Bring to a boil, and reduce to a simmer.
- While allowing to simmer for 10 minutes, remove the stalks from the kale and chiffonade the leaves, and mince the garlic.
- Add the kale, garlic, lemon juice, lemon zest and salt to the pot, and stir in. After 3 to 5 minutes, the kale should be wilted.
- Serve, and season with Himalayan salt & black pepper as desired.