Blueberry, Lemon, Poppy Seed Bundt Cake
If you fancy a sweet treat, this vegan, gluten-free, and oil-free Blueberry, Lemon, Poppy Seed Bundt Cake is a great choice!
- 2 cups oat flour
- 1 cup Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free All Purpose Baking Flour
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 3 tbsp poppy seeds
- 2 tbsp ground flax seed
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened apple sauce
- 1 cup plain unsweetened oat milk
- 1 lemon juiced
- 1 tsp lemon extract
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- 1/4 cup frozen blueberries
- 2 tbsp water or as needed
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- Preheat your oven to 350ºF. Grease a bundt pan with avocado oil, and then sprinkle some of the gluten-free flour into it (this prevents the cake from sticking to the pan).
- Add the flours, coconut sugar, poppy seeds, flax, baking powder, and baking soda to a bowl, and stir to combine.
- In a separate bowl mix the apple sauce, milk, lemon juice, and lemon extract together. Pour the wet mix into the bowl with the dry ingredients, and stir until there are no lumps of dry flour left (don't over-mix though). Gently fold in the blueberries.
- *If using, make the blueberry lemon drizzle while the cake is cooling. Heat the blueberries and water in a small pan on the stovetop on medium heat for about 5 minutes. Press the juice out of the blueberries into a container through a fine mesh strainer. Put the sugar into a bowl, and add the lemon juice and 1 tbsp of the blueberry juice (you can add more if needed) and whisk until there are no lumps of sugar left.
- Carefully transfer the cake to a serving plate, and spoon the blueberry lemon drizzle on top. Serve, and enjoy!
- Store any leftover cake covered in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.