Carrot Cake Baked Oatmeal
Are you a fan of carrot cake and oatmeal? This Carrot Cake Baked Oatmeal is a lovely combination of the two, and with it's warming spices and delicious flavour it makes a wonderfully wholesome breakfast!
- 2 cup rolled oats
- 2 tbsp ground flax seed
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar
- 2 tbsp raisins
- 2 tbsp walnuts
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp Ceylon cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- 1 pinch Himalayan salt
- 2 cup unsweetened plain oat milk
- 1 1/2 cup grated carrot
- Preheat oven to 375 F and line a baking dish with parchment paper (we use an 8 x 8 dish for 4 servings).
- Mix all of the ingredients EXCEPT the carrots and milk in a bowl, and then add the carrots and milk and stir to combine.
- Add the oat and carrot mixture to the baking dish, and spread out evenly.
- Bake for 45 to 50 minutes, until it has set and is golden on top
- Allow to cool for 5 to 10 minutes before serving (it will hold it's shape better as it cools). Enjoy!
- Allow to cool, and store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days. Enjoy cold or reheat in the oven.
- You could top the baked oatmeal with plant-based milk or yogurt, sliced banana, berries, and/or a little maple syrup.