Cashew Ginger Protein Bites
With both crystalized and ground ginger in these Cashew Ginger Protein Bites, you'll get a kick of ginger with every bite. Plus, the rolled oats and chopped cashews add extra texture and bite to these delicious little treats! They provide about 7 grams of plant-based protein per 2 bites.
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup puffed quinoa
- 1/4 cup hemp protein powder
- 1/4 cup sunflower seed butter
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup plain unsweetened oat milk
- 1/4 cup cashews chopped
- 2 tbsp crystalized ginger diced
- 1 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 pinch Himalayan salt
- Add the sunflower seed butter, milk, maple syrup, ground ginger, turmeric, and salt to a bowl and whisk well to combine.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the bowl, and stir until it's all come together and the ingredients are evenly distributed.
- To form the balls, scoop a slightly heaping tablespoon of the mixture and roll into balls (making the recipe with 1 1/2 cups rolled oats = 20 energy bites). Since the mixture is quite sticky, it can help to have slightly wet hands when rolling it into balls. Put in a single layer in a dish or on a plate, and refrigerate for about 20 minutes before transferring to an airtight container.