Confetti Romaine Salad
Whether you want to eat a big salad for a meal or just need a side salad, this simple 5-ingredient confetti salad is a great option. It only takes about 15 minutes to make and is colorful, crunchy, and refreshing.
- 3 heads of romaine chopped thinly into ribbons
- 2 medium carrots peeled or sliced thinly
- 3 stalks celery diced
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper diced
- 4 medium radishes 4 radishes = 1/2 cup; sliced thinly
- Once you've chopped or sliced all of the vegetables, layer them in a large salad bowl by starting with romaine, carrots, celery, peppers, and finally radishes.
- Serve, and top with our Avocado Lemon Dill Salad Dressing if desired (https://www.replenishhealth.net/avocado-lemon-dill-salad-dressing/). Season with black pepper to taste.
- This recipe will make 4 large salads or 8 side salads.
- Some optional toppings include; dried cranberries, pumpkin seeds, hemp hearts, pre-cooked quinoa, butter beans, olives, chopped walnuts, slivered almonds... the list goes on.