Cream of Mushroom Soup
Cremini mushrooms boast antioxidant and anti-inflammatory benefits and are a great source of many vitamins and minerals.
- 1 lb cremini mushrooms chopped
- 1 yellow onion medium, diced
- 4 cups water plus extra as needed
- 1 low sodium vegetable stock cube or veggie stock instead of half of the of water
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp dried rosemary
- 1/4 cup cashews
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 tbsp miso
- Carefully transfer the soup to the blender, blend until smooth, and return to the soup pot (this might have to be done in a couple of batches depending on the size of your blender). If the soup is too thick, add a little water to thin it out.
- Serve, and garnish with unsweetened plain coconut yogurt and some black pepper if desired.
- Instead of transferring the soup to a blender, you can use an immersion blender. However, if doing so you should add the cashews, garlic, and miso with 1/2 cup of water (or more if necessary), and blend it until smooth before adding it to the soup.