Creamy Broccoli Soup
This Creamy Broccoli Soup has a lovely flavor and can be made in less than 30 minutes. It's an easy and yummy way to get a healthy dose of broccoli in your diet, and would be great for freezing for future meals.
- 1 head of broccoli
- 1 carrot
- 1/2 yellow onion
- 1 celery stalk
- 1 russet or yellow potato
- 4 garlic cloves
- 3 cup water
- 1 low-sodium veggie stock cube
- 1 1/2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/4 cup cashews
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp dried dill
- 1 tbsp miso
- Peel the carrots, potatoes, and broccoli stem. Roughly chop the carrots, potatoes, onion, broccoli stem, and celery, and pulse them in a food processor until they are diced. Add them to a soup pot. Pulse the broccoli florets in a food processor until they are in small pieces and add them to the soup pot.
- Add the vegetables, water, stock cube, onion powder, garlic powder, dill, and smoked paprika to the pot and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer, and cook for 10 minutes or until the vegetables are tender. While the soup is cooking, add the cashews, nutritional yeast, garlic cloves, lemon juice, and miso to a blender and set aside.
- Carefully transfer the soup to the blender, blend until smooth, and return to the soup pot (this might have to be done in a couple of batches depending on the size of your blender). If the soup is too thick, add a little water to thin it out.
- Serve, and garnish with some fresh or dried dill and black pepper if desired.
- You could dice the vegetables by hand before adding them to the soup pot, but we find that using a food processor to dice them makes meal prep a lot quicker and easier.
- You can use frozen broccoli in place of fresh.