Double Chocolate Banana Beet Brownies
These heavenly Double Chocolate Banana Beet Brownies are oil-free, gluten-free, and vegan. Plus they're low in sugar as they are naturally sweetened by bananas. They would be wonderful for making as a special treat for friends and family (or for yourself!), and you'd never know that they contain a healthy serving of beets!Beetroots contain potent phytonutrients called betalains, which give them their vibrant red or golden colors and boast antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties. In addition, beets may help lower blood pressure, enhance athletic endurance and performance, and promote digestive health.
- 4 bananas
- 1 1/2 cup beet pre-steamed
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 cup oat flour
- 3/4 cup cacao powder
- 1/4 cup ground flaxseed
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp Ceylon cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips or chopped chocolate
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- Preheat oven to 375°F, and line a 9" x 13" baking dish with parchment paper.
- Add all of the wet ingredients to a blender, and blend until smooth. Add in the dry ingredients, and blend until all of the ingredients are combined and there are no lumps of the dry ingredients left.
- Stir in the walnuts and chocolate, and pour into the baking dish. Bake for 25 - 30 minutes, or until you can press down on the top and it springs back.
- Once baked, carefully transfer to a cooling rack or wooden board by holding the edges of the parchment paper, and allow to cool for at least 10 minutes before slicing into 12 brownies.
- This recipe makes a batch of 12 large brownies.
- Once cooled, the brownies can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days, or frozen for longer.