Golden (Turmeric) Milk Latte
This creamy Golden (Turmeric) Milk Latte is quick and easy to make, and can give the immune system a boost. Cinnamon and ginger both have many beneficial properties, but turmeric is the star of this recipe.Curcumin is the active compound in turmeric and it boasts an array of health benefits, including antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, antiarthritic, antimicrobial, neuroprotective, and analgesic properties. The piperine from the black pepper and fat from the sunflower seed butter enhance curcumin absorption in the body.
- 1 cup unsweetened plain oat milk
- 3/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/4 tsp ginger powder
- 1/4 tsp Ceylon cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 pinch cardamom
- 1 pinch black pepper
- 1 tbsp sunflower seed butter
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- Add all of the ingredients to a blender except the maple syrup, and blend until smooth.
- Pour it into a small pan, and heat on the stovetop just until it begins to bubble (boil), about 5 minutes. Alternatively, you can enjoy this as an iced latte by pouring it over ice after blending.
- Carefully pour into a mug, and add maple syrup to taste. Top with a pinch of turmeric powder or Ceylon cinnamon if desired. Drink when it has cooled down a little, or you can cool it with a little bit of cold milk or water.
- If you don't want to blend the ingredients before heating, you can add all of the ingredients except the maple syrup to a pan and whisk well until there are no lumps left.
- If you don't want to use oat milk, use a different plant-based milk of choice such as almond, cashew, or hemp. We find that oat milk and almond milk are the best for frothing.