A traditional Greek salad that has been slightly altered to make it vegan. Greek salad is generally paired with Greek lemon potatoes, but is so delicious it can be eaten by itself or with a number of other Mediterranean dishes.
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 cucumber
- 1 red or yellow bell pepper
- 1 red onion
- 1/2 cup kalamata olives, pitted
- Fresh oregano (optional)
Greek Salad Dressing
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/4 tsp Himalalyan salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Dice the tomatoes, cucumber, pepper, and slice the red onion and kalamata olives. As you prepare the vegetables, put them into a large mixing bowl.
- In a separate bowl, combine all of the dressing ingredients, and whisk together until well combined.
- If the Greek salad is going to be eaten immediately, pour the dressing over the vegetables, and toss.
- Serve and garnish with fresh oregano if desired.
- To make this into a main dish, serve the salad on top of a bed of greens and/or a cooked grain such as millet or quinoa.