Herby Cucumber & Avocado Salad
This fresh and flavorful Herby Cucumber & Avocado Salad is quick and easy to make, plus it has an oil-free dressing!
- 1 head of romain chopped
- 1 cucumber chopped
- 2 avocados chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh oregano
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves
- 2 tbsp chives chopped
- 2 tbsp Super Seed Mix https://www.replenishhealth.net/super-seed-mix/
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 2 garlic cloves minced or crushed
- 1/8 tsp Himalayan salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- To a small jar, add the lemon juice, vinegar, mustard, maple syrup, garlic, salt, and pepper. Stir it or put a lid on the jar and shake well to combine.
- Add the cucumber, avocado, herbs, and dressing to a bowl and give it a gentle toss.
- Put a bed of romaine on each plate, top with the cucumber avocado salad, sprinkle on the seed mix, and season with black pepper to taste.
- Refrigerate in an airtight container for up to two days. For best results, cut and add the avocado just prior to enjoying.
- You could serve it as a side, on a bed of greens, in a nourish bowl, in a wrap, or on toast.
- For more protein, you could add cooked quinoa, chickpeas, white beans, or lentils to the salad.
- This salad would serve 4-6 as a side. If you add some extra protein as mentioned above this could also be a main meal for 4.