Kale & Parsley Pesto
This vegan pesto is nutritious and delicious! Kale and parsley are both packed with nutrients, boasting high levels of vitamin K and an abundance of antioxidants. Additionally, they offer anti-inflammatory, immune-boosting, and detoxification benefits.
- 3 cups kale leaves
- 1 cup fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup walnuts
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 cup water or as needed
- 2 garlic cloves or to taste
- 1/4 tsp himalayan salt
- Red pepper flakes to garnish, optional
- Add all of the ingredients to a food processor, and pulse until there are no large chunks of any of the ingredients left, but there is still some texture. If needed, add extra water one tablespoon at a time to achieve desired consistency.
- Transfer to a bowl or glass jar. Can be kept covered in the fridge for up to 5 days, or frozen for up to 3 months.
- This recipe makes about 1 1/4 - 1 1/2 cups of pesto.
- If you don't want to use a combination of walnuts and sunflower seeds, you can use 1/2 cup of whichever you prefer.