Leek, Potato, & Corn Chowder
This scrumptious Leek, Potato, and Corn Chowder is a hearty and warming soup that is perfect for making during the cooler months. It's simple and easy to make, and is sure to be a winter favorite!
- 2 medium leeks
- 1 1/2 lbs yellow potatoes peeled
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 1 low sodium vegetable stock cube or veggie stock instead of half of the of water
- 4 cups water
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 4 large garlic cloves minced or crushed
- 1 tbsp miso
- 5 dashes Franks RedHot Original Sauce
- Fresh parsley optional, for garnish
- Red pepper flakes optional, for garnish
- Dice the leeks and potatoes into 1/2" cubes.
- Sautee the leeks with 2-4 tbsp of water in a large soup pot on medium heat, until they start to go soft and translucent. Add the water, potatoes, smoked paprika, onion powder, garlic powder, dried thyme, dried parsley, stock cubes, and Franks RedHot. Bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer.
- Continue to simmer for 10 minutes or until the potatoes are tender, stirring occasionally.
- Add the nutritional yeast, lemon juice, garlic, and corn to the pot, stirring well, and cook for an additional 5 minutes
- Turn off the heat, and add the miso. Season to taste, and serve. Garnish with fresh parsley and red pepper flakes if desired.
- This chowder can be stored in the fridge for up to 4 days.