Lemon Poppy Seed Energy Bites
These scrumptious Lemon Poppy Seed Energy bites are protein-rich, bursting with flavor, and make a great snack or dessert! Plus, they only take 15 minutes to make!
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup quick oats
- 1/3 cup sunflower seed butter
- 1/4 cup hemp protein powder
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tbsp poppy seeds
- 1 lemon
- 1/4 tsp lemon extract
- 1 pinch Himalayan salt
- Add the sunflower seed butter, maple syrup, lemon juice, lemon extract, and salt to a bowl and whisk well to combine.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the bowl, and stir until it's all come together and the ingredients are evenly distributed.
- To form the balls, scoop a heaping tablespoon of the mixture and roll into balls. Put in a single layer in a dish or on a plate, and refrigerate for about 20 minutes before transferring to an airtight container.
- One serving is 2 of the energy bites.
- If the mix is too wet, add in a few extra quick oats, and if the mixture is too dry, add in extra lemon juice or a little water.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 weeks, or freeze for up to 3 months.