Lemony Quinoa Salad
This refreshing Lemony Quinoa Salad is quick and easy to make, plus it is a great way to use up any leftover quinoa you might have.
- 4 cup mixed greens roughly chopped
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 1 lemon divided
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley finely chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh basil finely chopped
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 2 tbsp water or as needed
- 1 garlic cloves minced or crushed
- Himalayan salt to taste
- To a bowl add the quinoa, juice from 1/2 lemon, zest from 1/4 lemon, parsley, thyme, and black pepper. Stir well to combine.
- In a small bowl or jar, mix together the juice from the remaining 1/2 lemon, water, tahini, garlic, as well as salt & pepper to taste. If needed, add extra water to thin out to desired consistency.
- Serve the greens, and top with the lemony quinoa. Drizzle the dressing on top, and season with extra lemon juice and black pepper to taste. Enjoy!
- You can eat this salad as a side, or make it into a meal by adding some cooked chickpeas or butter beans, diced avocado, sliced cucumber or zucchini, diced tomato, diced bell pepper, and/or dried cranberries.