Chock full of health-promoting Crimini mushrooms, this dish is delicious and can be made in just over 30 minutes. Pair it with gluten-free pasta or a grain such as millet or quinoa, and you'll have a hearty and nutritious meal in no time.
- 2 lb crimini (chestnut) mushrooms sliced
- 2 medium red onions diced
- 5 cloves of garlic minced or crushed
- 500 ml vegetable stock
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 2 tbsp organic gluten-free tamari
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp onion powder
- 1/2 tbsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tbsp dried thyme
- 1/2 tbsp dried parsley
- 1/2 tbsp smoked paprika
- 1 cup unsweetened plain plant-based yogurt
- 4 tbsp corn starch
- Fresh parsley
- Heat a large pan over medium heat with 2 tbsp of water, and sautee the mushrooms, onions, and garlic for 10 minutes. Add more water if they begin to stick.
- Mix the corn starch with an equal amount of water, until it becomes smooth. Set aside.
- Mix the remaining ingredients (except the parsley and corn starch), and add to the pan. Bring to a boil, and reduce to simmer. Allow to simmer for 10 minutes with the lid on, then add the corn starch to thicken.
- Serve with gluten-free pasta or a grain such as quinoa, millet, or wild rice. Garnish with fresh parsley and season to taste.