These tasty veggie meat-stuffed empanadas are crispy on the outside and soft on the inside. They are a fantastic way to use leftover mashed potato, and are delicious served with a side salad or great as a grab and go lunch.
- 4 cup mashed potatoes
- 1 cup oat flour
- 1 tbsp onion powder
- 1/2 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 2 cup Veggie Taco Meat https://www.replenishhealth.net/veggie-taco-meat/
- Preheat an oven to 400°F.
- Mash all of the ingredients except the Veggie Taco Meat together.
- Take a packed 1/4 cup of the potato mix, and form in the palm of your hand into a 4" disc. Add 1 heaped tablespoon to the center of the disc, and fold the potato around it, keeping the mix inside with your thumbs while you pinch the edges together, forming a clamshell. Place on a parchment-lined baking tray. Repeat until all of the potato mix has been used.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Carefully flip them, and bake for an additional 15 minutes.
- Allow to slightly cool and enjoy. You can also store them in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days.