Smoky Garlic Baked Chickpeas (Oil-Free)
These oil-free Smoky Garlic Baked Chickpeas are perfectly crunchy, have a delicious flavor, and are so moreish you'll probably have to stop yourself from eating the entire batch in one sitting!
- 2 cup cooked chickpeas
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- 1/4 tsp Himalayan salt
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- Preheat oven to 375°F, and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, mix the chickpeas and seasonings until the chickpeas are evenly coated.
- Spread the chickpeas in a single layer on the baking tray, and bake for 50 minutes (or until they are crunchy) stirring every 10 minutes. After they've been baking for 40 minutes, check them frequently to prevent them from burning.
- If they aren't crunchy by the time they've been baking for 50 minutes (or if they start to burn) turn the heat off, crack the oven door open a little, and let them sit in the oven for 10 to 15 minutes to allow them to crisp up.
- Don't dry the chickpeas before adding the seasonings. Because there is no oil, the chickpeas need to have some moisture on them for the seasonings to stick.
- These baked chickpeas are best on the first day, but can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days while still retaining some of their crunch!If you want to revive their crunchiness, you can bake them at 350°F for up to 10 minutes, but check them frequently to prevent them from burning.
- You could enjoy them alone as a healthy snack, add them to trail mix, use them to top salads or nourish bowls, or as a crunchy topping on pizza or baked potatoes.
- We've only made these using Instant Pot chickpeas, not canned. However, you should have the same results if using canned, just drain and rinse them before adding the spices.