Smoky Red Pepper Sandwich Spread
This Smoky Red Pepper Sandwich Spread is tasty and easy to make and packed with plant-protein and vegetables. And when prepped on the weekend, this sandwich spread is great to have on hand to make quick lunches for work or school during the week.
- 3 1/2 cup chickpeas
- 1 large celery stalk
- 1 roasted bell pepper
- 1/2 bunch spring onions
- 1/2 large carrot
- 1/4 cup plain unsweetened oat yogurt
- 3 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 tsp Himalayan salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- A few dashes of hot sauce
- Chop the red pepper, celery, carrot, and spring onions into 2" pieces. Add them to a food processor, and pulse until roughly twice the size of a pea.
- Add all of the remaining ingredients, and pulse until all of the ingredients are combined and hold together, but there is still some texture.
- Use immediately, or transfer to a glass bowl with a lid and store in the fridge for 3-5 days.
- This sandwich spread can be used in 6-8 sandwiches depending on how much you use.
- If you don't want to use oat yogurt, use your preferred unsweetened plain plant-based yogurt instead.