Spicy Butternut Squash & Cinnamon Soup
Perfect for fall, this delicious soup is packed with immune-boosting ingredients such as butternut squash, garlic, ginger, and cinnamon. This soup is a real treat that is great to have as the weather begins to cool.
- 5 cups butternut squash peeled & diced
- 4 cups low sodium vegetable broth
- 1 large yellow onion diced
- 2 garlic cloves minced or crushed
- 1 tsp fresh ginger peeled & grated
- 1 Ceylon cinnamon stick
- 1/2 tsp Himalayan salt or to taste
- 1/4 tsp dried chili flakes plus more to garnish
- Black pepper to taste
- Heat 1-2 tablespoons of water in a pot, and sauté the onion for 5 minutes.
- Add the remaining ingredients, and bring to a boil.
- Use an immersion blender or carefully transfer the soup to a blender and blend until smooth. Add some water if it is too thick.
- Serve, and sprinkle some ground cinnamon and/or dried chili flakes on top if desired.
- If you don't want to use salt, you can add some miso to the soup instead.