Split Pea Soup
Do you need a simple yet hearty meal that will warm you up on a chilly day? Look no further, because our vegan Split Pea Soup fits the bill.Comforting and hearty, this soup is delicious and easy to make. And thanks to the split peas and veggies, it’s packed full of plant protein and fiber.
- 4 cup vegetable broth or water
- 1 1/2 cup split peas
- 1 large onion
- 2 large carrots
- 2 stalks celery
- 2 large garlic cloves
- 8 fresh sage leaves
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp Himalayan salt
- Roughly chop all of the vegetables except the garlic, and pulse them in a food processor until they are about the size of a pea.
- Heat 1-2 tbsp of the broth on medium heat in a soup pot, and sauté the vegetables for 5 minutes.
- Add the vegetable broth, split peas, sage, thyme, and smoked paprika. Bring to a boil, and reduce to a simmer. Cook for 45 minutes, or until the split peas are cooked.
- Add the garlic and salt, and cook for another 5 minutes. Squeeze in the lemon juice, and stir to combine.
- Carefully transfer about 1/3 of the soup to a blender, and blend until smooth. Add it back to the pot, and stir well. Season with Himalayan salt and black pepper to taste, and serve.