Strawberry Cashew Summer Salad
With only a few ingredients, this minimalistic and seasonal salad is sure to make a wonderful side dish, or maybe even a main course for those who are looking for a light and refreshing meal.
- 2 heads romaine
- 2 cups fresh strawberries
- 2 cups sugar snap peas
- 1 cup cashews
- 3/4 cups oat yogurt unsweetened & plain
- 1 tbsp poppyseeds
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- Black pepper to taste
- Chop the romaine, and slice the peas and strawberries.
- Put the chopped romaine in a large serving bowl, and top with the strawberries, peas, and cashews.
- To make the dressing, combine all of the ingredients in a small mixing bowl, and stir until well combined.
- Top the salad with the yogurt dressing, and serve.
- This recipe will serve 4 as a side, or 2 as a main.
- If you don't want to use oat yogurt, use a different plant-based yogurt of choice instead.
- You can add extra protein to this salad with cooked chickpeas, lentils, beans, or quinoa.