Sweet Or Savory Cashew Cream Sauce
This basic cashew cream only requires 3 ingredients and is quick to make. You can add in additional ingredients and make it sweet or savory, it's up to you.
- 1 cup cashews soaked in water with apple cider vinegar for 4 hours
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- Blend the soaked cashews, water, and lemon juice until smooth and creamy. Add extra water as needed to reach desired consistency.
- Transfer to a glass container with a lid. Store in the fridge for up to 5 days, or freeze for up to 3 months.
- Optional add-ins; Savory - Herbs, Sriratcha, Roasted garlic, Nutritional yeast, Smoked paprika, Onion & garlic powder, Miso, LemonSweet - Maple syrup, Ceylon cinnamon, Cacao powder, Nut or seed butter, Jam, Vanilla extract
- If you use 1 cup of cashews, this recipe makes about 1 1/2 cups of cashew cream.
- The cashew cream will thicken when cooled or heated.
- You can stir or blend in any additional ingredients.