Turmeric Hot Chocolate
A healthy spin on a classic winter drink, this warming Turmeric Hot Chocolate contains ingredients with antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties.
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup plain unsweetened oat milk
- 1 tbsp sunflower seed butter
- 1 tbsp cacao powder
- 1/2 tsp ground turmeric
- 1/4 tsp Ceylon cinnamon
- 1 pinch black pepper small
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper optional
- 1 tsp maple syrup or to taste
- Add all of the ingredients to a blender EXCEPT the maple syrup and blend until smooth.
- Carefully pour into a mug, stir in maple syrup to taste, and enjoy!
- No cacao powder? Use cocoa powder instead.
- If you don't want to use sunflower seed butter, use a nut or seed butter of your choice instead.
- If you don't want to use oat milk, use a different plant-based milk of choice such as almond, cashew, or hemp.