Tzatziki is a traditional Greek dip or sauce that is refreshing and cooling, and tastes great when served with flatbread, spicy vegetables, or as a dip for crackers. Here is a vegan, cashew based alternative.
- 1 cup cashews (soaked for at least 4 hours with 1 tsp apple cider vinegar)
- 1 cup water
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tsp dried dill
- 1/2 tsp Himalayan salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 medium cucumber
- Dice the cucumber and put into a small mixing bowl. Set aside.
- Drain and rinse the soaked cashews, and add to a blender along with the remaining ingredients. Blend until smooth.
- Pour the cashew sauce over the cucumber, and stir until well combined.
- Transfer to a serving bowl, and enjoy.