Vegan Breakfast Sausages (Oil-Free & Gluten-Free)
A great way to use up leftover roasted veggies, these scrumptious protein-packed Vegan Breakfast Sausages don't require any oil and are gluten-free! Enjoy them as part of an English breakfast, sliced in a sandwich, chopped and added to a chickpea omelet, as a replacement for hot-dogs, or cut into chunks and added to pasta, stews, or casseroles.
- 3 cup cooked vegetables see notes
- 2 cup red lentil flour
- 1 cup warm water
- 2 tbsp gluten-free tamari
- 2 tbsp poultry seasoning
- 2 tbsp ground flax
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp ground celery seeds
- Pulse the roasted vegetables in a food processor until pea-sized. Add to a large mixing bowl along with all of the other ingredients, and mix until well combined.
- Cut the parchment paper into roughly 7 1/2" x 7 1/2" squares, and use 1/4 cup of the mix to form a sausage shape at one end, leaving an inch either side so you can twist the parchment once rolled.
- Place the sausages into a steamer so the parchment seam is facing down, and steam covered for 20 minutes.
- Once steamed, allow the sausages to rest for 10 minutes before removing them from the parchment so they can firm up.
- These sausages can be enjoyed hot or cold.
- You can store these in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days, or freeze for longer.
- It doesn't matter what roasted vegetables you use. You can use a combination of any root vegetables, mushrooms, onions, cauliflower, or squash.
- You can make your own lentil flour by grinding split red lentils into a flour in a high-speed blender. Note that this is a very light flour, so try not to breathe it in when using it.