Veggie Taco Meat
This veggie taco meat is easy to prepare and makes a delicious addition to a variety of meals. You could add it to tacos, burritos, lasagna, a gluten-free pizza, nachos, or even an energy bowl.
- 3 cup packed cauliflower rice
- 1 cup walnuts
- 6 medium/large crimini (chestnut) mushrooms
- 1/2 medium red onion
- 4 garlic cloves
- 3 tbsp organic gluten-free tamari
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tsp vegan Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 1 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 1/2 tsp Mexican chili powder
- Process cauliflower in a food processor until its a rice-like texture. Add it to a 9" iron skillet.
- Add the walnuts, onion, and mushrooms to the food processor, and pulse until it reaches a similar texture to the cauliflower. Add the mix to the skillet, along with the remaining ingredients.
- Sautee on medium heat for 15 minutes, stirring gently every few minutes. Use immediately, or store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days, or freeze for longer.
- This recipe makes about 4 lightly packed cups of veggie taco meat.
- You can also bake this recipe. Once processed, mix all of the ingredients together in a large bowl, then spread on a parchment-lined baking tray. Bake at 400°F for 40 minutes, stirring halfway through. It takes longer to cook this way, but this means you don't have to stand over the stove and can make it in larger batches for meal prep or freezing.